X-ray: it’s one thing you can’t hide from; all your secrets, be they innocent or not-so-innocent, are revealed when you lay yourself bare for the x-ray machine. Case in point, these ten bizarre images, which display a startling array of objects accidentally and intentionally lodged inside of people and animals, visible only when x-rayed. Here are the top 10 weird x-ray images.
A Pakistani prisoner, serving four years for making alcohol – which is prohibited for Muslims – complained of discomfort, which led to a diagnostic x-ray. The result? An entire light bulb inserted in his anus. The prisoner swore he had no idea how it got there.
9. Cell Phone
A smuggler in San Salvador was imprisoned for smuggling various objects including cell phones. An x-ray revealed he was indeed smuggling a cell phone – in his rectum.
8. Homer Simpson
We all know chocolate is poisonous to dogs. But what about chocolate eggs containing tiny plastic figurines of Homer Simpson? This dog got his paws on one such egg and an x-ray revealed Homer Simpson lodged in his gut.
7. Surgical Scissors
It’s the stuff of horror stories: surgical implements left in body cavities when surgery’s performed. It sounds like an urban legend but it happens, and here’s proof: a surgical scissors was left in the abdomen of a woman and only discovered on x-ray eighteen months after her surgery!
An eight year old girl swallowed a series of magnets and steel balls from a Magnetix toy kit, claiming they looked like candies. Once in her intestines the magnets and balls joined, tearing multiple holes in her intestines.
5. Serrated Knife
A six month old Saint Bernard dog somehow swallowed a 13-inch serrated knife, which lodged in her stomach. It required surgery which left the puppy with an 8-inch scar – but miraculously, she was otherwise A-OK.
4. Eiffel Tower
A jogger went jogging while carrying her keys with a small metal Eiffel Tower souvenir keyring. Unfortunately she fell, painfully lodging some of the tower’s legs in her hand.
3. Small Scissors
Here’s a cautionary tale: don’t use a small pair of scissors (or any size scissors, really…) as a toothpick. That’s what this man was doing when the scissors slipped and, somehow, lodged in his esophagus.
A construction worker went to the dentist complaining of a toothache in his upper jaw. What the dentist found was a real shocker: the man had a large nail embedded in his skull. Apparently and amazingly, he’d fired the nail into himself with a high-power nail gun without even realizing it.
1. Electric Blanket
A twelve foot Burmese Python swallowed an entire queen sized electric blanket, including the control box and electrical cord. Two hours of surgery were required to remove the blanket and its mechanisms from the snake. Why the snake felt an electric blanket would make a tasty snack is anyone’s guess.