If you haven’t jumped on the turmeric bandwagon, now is the time to do so. Turmeric is an ancient spice enriched with so much flavour and colour, and if that wasn’t enough, it teams up well with so many different foods and drinks. It’s also been found to support the digestive system, which is why turmeric tablets are accessible to those who would benefit from them.
Within this guide, we will be taking you through one of our favourite turmeric recipes: turmeric coffee!
What Is Turmeric Coffee?
It’s likely that you’ve heard of Golden Milk before. It is a milky drink that contains a mix of different spices, with turmeric being the most predominant one. Turmeric coffee takes inspiration from Golden Milk, and as the name suggests, it is coffee with a turmeric hint.
Turmeric coffee (also referred to as curcumin coffee) has an earthy flavour that’ll warm you right up. It is super quick and easy to make, containing just a few ingredients that can be found at your local supermarket.
How To Make Turmeric Coffee
Let’s stop bragging about how great turmeric coffee is and actually get to work on making it! Once you have all the right ingredients, this warm brew will be ready to drink in a matter of minutes.
- Coffee of your choice
- Ground turmeric
- Ground cinnamon
- Ground black pepper
- Ground ginger
- Vanilla extract (optional)
If you’ve already mastered how to make an amazing cup of coffee, this recipe will be a walk in the park for you!
- Mix all of the ingredients into a bowl (apart from your coffee).
- Once thoroughly mixed, store the mixture into an airtight container. This makes it easier to keep the coffee fresh without having to make a new batch every single time.
- Make your coffee how you usually make it. There doesn’t need to be a special technique here; just acquire it to your taste!
- Once the coffee is ready, mix in around ½ tablespoon of your spice mixture. Feel free to do a taste test to decide if any more of the mixture is needed. It’s completely up to you.
- Stir your coffee thoroughly.
- Enjoy your freshly brewed turmeric coffee!
We weren’t joking when we said this would only take a few minutes to make. There’s no particularly secret ingredient; just a blend of some amazing spices and your usual coffee.
What Are Your Thoughts?
While putting spices into warm drinks isn’t something that a lot of people think to do, don’t knock it until you try it. Turmeric doesn’t have a particularly overpowering taste (depending on how much you use!), meaning it doesn’t have to transform the taste of your coffee if you don’t want it too. Instead, play around with different amounts of the spice until you find a taste that works for you.
If you enjoy the taste of turmeric, you’ll absolutely love discovering all of the other types of turmeric recipes out there! From pancakes to curries, this spice works with absolutely anything.
Do you have any questions about this article? Click here to contact us today.
Leave a Reply