Ever heard of Blue light glasses? Well, it’s your lucky day, as we’ve put together an interesting read for you to find out everything about these bad blue boys.
As we may know, there has been a spike in technology use. Do you love binge-watching the exhilarating Netflix shows? Maybe obsessed with finding the perfect personal trainer to whip you into shape? Or do you just love watching endless epic fails videos?
No matter what you prefer to do, while on your phone, tablet or computer, it’s maybe fair to say we do love to spend a bit of time on our digital devices. Whether it’s for work or just to get away for a bit, we should keep in mind that too much digital exposure may affect our eyes.
Blue light is visible light, at high energy, that is emitted by not only the sun but also digital devices. when this light reaches a certain wavelength it can cause damage to the eye when exposed to it for a long time.
Do you ever rub your eyes after sitting in front of your computer? Do you often get headaches after scrolling through your phone? Are your sleeping patterns off the grid?
Well, the answer could be that you may need to get yourself a pair of blue light glasses to help reduce the blue light and glare that our digital devices that beam into our eyes. Turning your luminosity down and working in night mode may not be enough to help protect your eyes.
With SmartBuyGlasses you can find a range of eyeglasses to upgrade your lenses with zFORT® Blue light-blocking. A special lens coating to help reduce glare and eyestrain, shielding your eyes from harmful rays of blue light.
The main pro is that blue light glasses help give you extra eye protection when you find yourself sitting in front of a screen for hours on end. As most of the blue light is blocked by the lens coatings it can not penetrate the retina and cause any damage.
As also mentioned, blue light glasses can help reduce eye strain caused by many hours in front of a digital device. It can help make it easier to focus and increase contrast.
In addition to this:
- Sleep better. Blue light may delay the release of melatonin, which is a sleep-inducing hormone, that then delays your sleeping time.
- Headaches. Help protect not only your eyes but also your brain. Blue light can also induce headaches and migraines.
- Help reduce eye diseases. Our eyes are pretty good at blocking out harmful rays of light but blue light isn’t one of them. Blue light can cause damage to the retina which may lead to certain eye diseases.
Although blue light glasses have many benefits and help you perform better, there are a few things to keep in mind.
- Blue light glasses have a slight blue tint, that others may notice while you may not when wearing the glasses.
- Colours may be perceived a little differently.
- They may require a little getting used to, but what glasses aren’t?
The pros for blue light glasses do outweigh the cons if you spend many hours in front of a digital device. Help protect your eyes from further damage by blocking out harmful rays with a pair of zFORT® Blue light-blocking glasses brought by a leading online eyewear retailer, SmartBuyGlasses.
Browse through many styles, designs and colour frames to find your next perfect pair of blue light glasses!