In addition to salary, health insurance for employees is one of the conditions most appreciated by employees of a company. This benefit is even considered a factor in negotiating contract conditions. In addition, subscribing to group health insurance has several advantages, which go beyond the natural recognition of employees and motivation. Find out what they are!
When hiring group health insurance, the benefits go beyond the benefits of the insured, also extending to companies.
Did you know that it is possible to deduct health insurance expenses from IRC and obtain attractive discounts by including all employees in the same protection plan?
Find out more about this and many other advantages in just 2 minutes!
Five advantages in hiring health insurance for companies!
There are several modalities when a company decides to offer health insurance to employees. You can choose to pay the annuity in a certain percentage, to pay the full amount of the premium, or to have insurance that allows the possibility of including members of the household. It is up to the company to decide and negotiate the best conditions.
Among the numerous advantages, on the business side, include:
- A single policy allows all company employees to be included;
- The annual amounts spent on group health insurance premiums can be fully deductible under IRC;
- Group insurance tends to obtain a reduction in the premium amount;
- Supports the reduction of absenteeism at work;
- Contributes to improving employee motivation levels.
Learn how to choose the best health insurance for your company and employees!
When negotiating health insurance for groups, it is essential to evaluate the company, its industry, and employee profile in order to find the insurance that best adapts to the characteristics of the company and the needs of employees.
That said, when negotiating health insurance, it is necessary to consider the following points:
- Plafond – Define the amount to be made available for each coverage;
- Payment regime – At this point, mixed insurances are the most common and include reimbursement and agreed network;
- Annual ceiling – Define the annual top that each employee will have for the different coverages included in the insurance;
- Determine coverage – In this phase, and despite the fact that insurers offer pre-defined packages, it is possible to negotiate complimentary coverage.
- Evaluate the provider network – If there are employees in various parts of the country, it is essential that the insurer’s agreed network has national coverage.
- Negotiate grace periods –In group insurance, it is possible to reduce or eliminate the grace period for certain medical coverages.
Offering a protection plan to employees comes at a cost, but the benefits can significantly outweigh this investment.
Before negotiating insurance for your company, assess the needs of your team in order to find the most competitive and appropriate insurance.