Any building or construction project requires the right expertise and skill, but it also requires the right and proper materials. Materials for building and construction projects can range from steel and concrete blocks and other ‘aesthetic’ materials which contribute to the building’s appeal, such as flooring, paint, and so on. But when it comes to a building’s foundation and strength, one material has always been essential: concrete. Concrete plays a vital role in any building project, whether it’s a simple home or a 20-storey structure, and choosing the concrete you will use for your project is of vital importance. This is where precast concrete comes in as well. Precast concrete is efficient and highly practical, and it can even contribute to lower costs for your project. But what makes precast concrete an excellent choice for any project? Here are the real benefits of precast concrete you should know.
The real benefits
- Precast concrete can provide you with an efficient model for delivery for whatever kind of construction project you have. It allows you to be more efficient throughout your building process, letting you proceed with construction while you are still developing the design.
- Precast concrete is also highly versatile and pleasing to the eye; it can come in all shapes and sizes and you can have it built and manufactured in various colours and finishes. Your choices with precast concrete are seemingly endless; the only limit is your own imagination.
- With precast concrete, you can reduce your overall costs when it comes to your project as well. This is because the product is manufactured and built off-site and within a building, and the products will only be delivered when you need it, ready to be installed. This innovation allows you to stick to a strict schedule and it also helps you avoid safety risks. Aside from this, it allows less disruption to your site and can reduce your total costs just because you don’t need as many people or workers on site and you don’t need as many trades for your construction project, either.
- The strength and resistance of precast concrete are well known. In fact, it is one product which can be made resistant to fires and natural disasters, mould, and insect infestation. Along with this, precast concrete can also be resistant to damage caused by wind and rain, and it can be resistant to termites as well as decay over time. With precast concrete, you can also benefit from easy maintenance combined with lower costs for insurance.
- Compared to other materials, precast concrete can withstand freezing and thawing cycles in a better way, and it is also more thermally efficient than most. You can achieve reduced cooling and heating loads within your building as concrete doesn’t react quickly to changes in the temperature outside.
- As already mentioned, precast concrete is easy to maintain. You can leave the exterior of your precast concrete product or structure unpainted, for instance, and you don’t have to worry about it being damaged by the elements. If you would like to paint it, however, you only need to repaint it every five to ten years. It is easier to wash and keep clean as well.