The climate in Scotland is much colder than in other countries, but its weather is also unpredictable. According to the locals, the most important thing to remember when travelling in Scotland is to bring extra layers of clothes because they say that they experience four seasons in a day. In Scotland, rain is always your companion whatever time it is. Before going on a trip to Scotland, always bring the things you need to explore more of the Highlands of Scotland. For those people who are planning to travel to Scotland, here are the things you need to bring.
- Map of Scotland. If you are new to Scotland, always have a map of the place. You can get one online, or you can purchase a paper map. It is one of the most important things you need when travelling in Scotland, especially when you go to the Highlands.
- Travel bag. Most trips in Scotland require walking. For you to be more comfortable, bring a durable backpack to contain all your belongings. The backpack must be water-resistant because the rain forecast in Scotland is very unpredictable.
- Windproof umbrella. Always bring a travel-sized umbrella. This will add to your comfort while touring around Scotland during rainy days. Considering a windproof umbrella is also the right choice as it will stand up much better to the gusting wind.
- Waterproof jacket. While in Scotland, a trench coat will be your best friend. Inside your coat or jacket, wear a layering of shirts with long sleeves or even a cardigan.
- Wool socks. Wool will keep you warm because it is thick enough to protect you from the cold. It is also lightweight, so it is a good idea to bring several pairs of wool socks.
- Sturdy shoes. A good pair of shoes will help you tour around Scotland. While you tour around the place, you will walk and get on and off trains. Consider campervan rental Scotland companies if you choose not to take trains or walk.
- Fashionable scarves. Wearing scarves will keep you warm while maintaining the moisture in your body. Rainy and windy weather, like in Scotland, will dry out your skin; thus, wearing scarves will help your body regulate its temperature.
- Water bottles. Whenever you travel to other countries and places, be sure to bring your own bottled water. You do not want your Scotland trip to be postponed because of stomach aches. You might be thirsty while on an adventure, and there may be no available drinking water in the area.
- Camera. This will never be out of your hand when travelling. Scotland offers amazing and breath-taking scenic views, and you do not want to miss out when taking pictures. Be ready with a travel-ready camera to capture every memorable experience in Scotland.
These things are just some of the basic needs when travelling in Scotland. But the best thing to bring is your brightest smile as you go on new adventures in Scotland.