Back in 2019 there was uproar as enormous numbers of acres of the Amazon rainforest burned down, or indeed were burned down. The reason why this drew such uproar was because of the fact that there had been such great effort previously to try and reverse the damage which we had done to the world’s rainforests, and this was like a spit in the face to all of that good work. Despite those who look to raze our forests there is in fact a great deal of hope and those good people are still working on making sure that we have a planet which we are able to give to our children and our children’s children.
To help give you some reason as to why you should look to support those charities and those organizations which are looking to repopulate the rainforest, here are just some reforestation facts which you need to be aware of.
Facts To Give You Hope
- The planting of trees is essential to improving the habitat of local wildlife and supports biodiversity
- The blame is not only with humans, and wildfires can actually account for 80% of the trees which are burned to the ground
- Tree planting is not only carried out to reforest areas where tree life has been cut or burned down, it is also used for tree planting in areas which have never had tree life, encouraging further forest growth
- In a single year 100 mature trees have the capability to remove 53 tonnes of carbon dioxide from the air, and 430 pounds of pollution
- Two single trees which have ben planted will remove a tonne of CO2 from the Earth’s atmosphere, a staggering amount which just 2 trees are able to accomplish
Think That’s Impressive? Read On
- In the USA alone the forests are able to absorb around 12% of the carbon emissions of the entire country, a staggering amount and a clear indication as to why we need those forests and those trees so badly
- Thanks to the huge level of support from individuals and from businesses ,over 18,00 trees were planted in the last year alone, not to mention the fact that 44 different species of trees have been planted
- The average carbon footprint of the USA is 20 tonnes of CO2 which is produced each and every year, with just 40 trees this carbon output can be offset
As you can see, there is a hugely important piece of work being carried out all over the world with regards to reforestation and gradually we are beginning to undo so much of the damage which has been caused. In spite of this however there is damage which is continuously being done to the forests and the rainforests around the world and that is why it is so critical that we seek to support those in their efforts to reverse the damage and to stop any further from damage from taking place.
Leave a Reply